Tuesday 25 October 2011

Happy Birthday!

Last week I got to know some new people. Of course we first did some small talk like „what do you do?“, „where do you live/where are you from?“, „what do you study?“,
etc not forgetting one of the most important questions (as it seems) „How old are you?“.
„21“ I said. When after about 1 minute later it began to dawn on me. 22 sounded so wrong but I remembered having my 21 birthday in Australia – which was more than 1 year ago. Therefor I must be 22. 
„Hold on...“ – „What‘s the matter?“ – „I‘m not quite sure how old I am... Should be 22, but that doesn‘t sound familiar...“ – „When were you born?“ – „September 1989“ 
You could see all 5 of us calculating when my friends confirmed: „Yeah... you are 22.“ 
Even more awkward was that I just turned 22 about 2 weeks before this happened... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LABLES